Daily Activity: Muddiest Point and 1 Minute Paper
Taking the time to reflect on what you have learned provides an essential opportunity for you to understand your own learning process and to identify next steps for learning. When we as learners adopt this practice, we exercise and develop metacognition, and responsibility for the direction of our own learning.
On a daily basis throughout this course, please select ONE of the following activities to be done following our synchronous session:
1 Minute Paper
This activity is as simple as its title:
- Set a timer for one minute.
- Grab a piece of paper OR open a blank document on your device,
- Spend exactly one minute writing out as much as you can about what you remember from what we learned today.
This is a timed activity, so don’t worry about spelling, grammar or sentence structures!
The point is for you to have a chance to recall what you’ve learned, compare that to the activities of the day, and identify any content that you might need to review again.
The title for this activity is also quite descriptive:
- Grab a piece of paper or open a blank document on your device
- Reflect on what was covered today and identify one topic that you require further clarification on
- Write 1-3 questions you still have about that topic