- What is Syphilis ?Syphilis is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the Treponema pallidum bacteria.
- How can Syphilis be treated?Syphilis can cause serious health problems if it is not treated. However Syphilis can be easily treated using penicillin.
- What is HIV?HIV is a virus that lives in human blood, sexual fluids, and breast It weakens your immune system, so your body has a hard time fighting off common germs, viruses, fungi, and other invaders. It spreads mainly through unprotected sexual contact, sharing needles and from mother to child.
HIV & SYPHILIS RAPID TEST WORKSHOP
This course is currently closed
- To develop Project country capacity to provide ongoing training for the conduct of HIV and syphilis rapid testing through the preparation of trainers & testers drawn from key population groups (CSOs), and the community health care system, including National AIDS Programmes (NAPs)
- To expand access by vulnerable groups in Project countries to reliable HIV and syphilis rapid testing in order to support improved treatment and care of HIV infected persons from key populations.
- To sensitise participants to the importance and impact of HIV and syphilis testing reliability on the treatment and care of those infected
- To provide participants with the technical knowledge, tools and skills to conduct HIV and syphilis rapid testing safely and reliably
- To sensitise participants to the importance of continuously applying professional ethics to the conduct of HIV and syphilis rapid testing