Technical Assessor Training (T.A.T) PHASE 1
Welcome to the Technical Assessor Training Course. This training course will utilise a bichronous online learning approach (blend of synchronous and asynchronous online learning) to specifically address the strengthening of the assessor skills and abilities required to conduct technical assessments. These will include focus on technical competence, professionalism, and integrity. Training will also seek to address key criteria identified by the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(ILAC) as important for preparing technical assessors.
This curriculum provides the guidance for training technical assessors to conduct the assessment of medical and public health laboratories according to the requirements of the ISO 15189 Standard.
Assessor – person assigned by an accreditation or regulatory body to perform, alone or as part of an assessment team, an assessment of a laboratory or inspection body.
Technical Assessor – an assessor who conducts the assessment of the technical competence of the laboratory or inspection body for specific area(s) of the desired scope of accreditation. An assessor or technical assessor may also conduct assessment of the management system, if deemed competent to so do.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Effectively assess the technical competence of medical and related public health laboratories, to perform the specified scope of testing, in compliance with the ISO 15189
- Demonstrate effective communication skills needed to obtain the required information in an objective and professional manner
- Exercise professional judgement to form objective opinions and interpretations
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in the performance of lab assessments (or apply critical thinking skills to the performance of lab assessments?)
- Accurately report observations made during the assessment process including nonconformities
- Operate as a member of the laboratory assessment team